My guest for this episode is Shola Oyewole, CIO of United Therapeutics.
As a member of the Senior Executive Leadership of United Therapeutics Corporation, Shola provides technology, vision, and leadership in the development and implementation of the global information technology (IT) program. In that role he supports the Finance, HR, R&D, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, and various business units in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations, and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
Additionally, Shola provides strategic and tactical planning, budget development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the corporation. He facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within (and outside) of the organization.
Major Take-Aways From This Episode:
1. In our discussion we highlighted the importance of continuous learning in not just tech domain but all elements leadership, innovation and team building for example.
2. The Importance of mentors.
3. Innovation and help desk ideas that will spark your imagination
4. Branding and marketing an IT Dpt. Click here see an example of the logo below for his team that was developed related to the marketing and branding of the IT department.
5. Stories of how Shola said 'Yes' to impossible requests his CEO made that lead to major new sources of revenue for the company.
Ways to connect with SholaPrabhash Shrestha:
United Therapeutics Website
Advanced Therapies For Patients Suffering with PAH, CIO Review
Harvard Business School Classes
Click Here for Time Stamped Show Notes
This episode is sponsored by the CIO Security Scoreboard, a powerful tool that helps you communicate the status of your IT Security program visually in just a few minutes.
Outro music provided by Ben's Sound
Other Ways To Listen to the Podcast
iTunes | Libsyn | Soundcloud | RSS Feed | LinkedIn
Leave a Review
If you enjoyed this episode, then please consider leaving an iTunes review here.
Click here for instructions on how to leave a review if you're doing this for the first time.
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader. Follow Bill on LinkedIn and Twitter.